- to enable and strengthen innovation in GI education and industry
- to facilitate the collaborative creation, management and sharing of knowledge.
These objectives are addressed by developing new, innovative and multidisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning within the Geographic Information (GI) sector, and facilitating the exchange, flow and co-creation of knowledge.
In particular, the specific objectives of this project are:
- to improve the quality and relevance of GI courses provided by the University members of the consortium;
- to facilitate the growth of new knowledge-sharing processes and tools between enterprises and universities;
- to improve the management of knowledge by the partners.
The overall approach to address these objectives is to develop new learning material and processes based on case based learning. In the approach taken in this project, enterprises and academia will collaborate both when creating learning material based on real cases and also during and after the courses (through a collaborative platform).
- Creation of a repository of best practices on industry-academia cooperation to create and share knowledge in the GI domain
- Definition of the focus, scope and requirements of the case studies
- Specification of innovative collaboration methods, with best practices on different methods and validation of these methods in different settings
- Definition of process, tools and methodologies for co-creation of knowledge
- Definition of technical specifications for the set up of a collaboration tool (collaborative platform) and implementation of the technical infrastructure
- A set of case studies adopted for case based learning and related learning material
The collaborative platform will also be used to make the project results (learning material and processes) available to other stakeholders under open licences, as well as to attract more content providers / stakeholders to contribute to the growth of the content base.